De Monfort, LLC Privacy and Security Policy
(December 8, 2022)
De Monfort, LLC is committed to respecting the privacy rights of its users especially that of the children. The following policy describes how we collect, protect and use the information we receive from our users. We do not accept data from children except as provided below.
What is our compliance profile?
We comply with the following policies and Acts:
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
- COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
- The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
- National Institutes of Standards & Technology (NIST) 800
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- 508 Accessibility Standards
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site featured. When registering, we may ask you for your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, home address, zip/postal code, daytime and/or mobile phone number, preferred language, certain biometric data such as height, weight, physical condition, etc., as well as to create a username and password. You will also be asked to opt-in to our e-mailing list.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
We also receive and store click-stream data and other information about visits to our websites that may be combined with personal information you have provided. This information is used to analyze and improve the website experience and to customize better visits to the site to match your preferences.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To learn about site visitors and customers and to tailor specific features, promotions, or other notifications to you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send postal mailings about products, offers, and news that we think might be of interest. If you are not interested in receiving this information, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below.
If you have opted-in to receive PhysednHealth or défi e-mails, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive PhysednHealth or défi e-mails, please follow the instructions in any e-mail or refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive PhysednHealth or défi e-mails, you will not receive these e-mails.
How do we protect users’ information?
- We use bank-level security and encryption. We meet HIPAA security standards for all interactions subject to HIPAA security regulations.
- We use a variety of technologies and procedures to help protect the security of your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- De Monfort, LLC also maintains standard physical and electronic procedural safeguards that limit access to your personal information to our employees (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who, through the course of standard business activities, need to access your personal information.
- De Monfort, LLC is a Business Associate of health under the federal health care privacy and security law known as HIPAA. Your personal information will be stored securely. Full access to the Apps is enabled only by usernames and passwords. You are fully and solely responsible for all use of the Apps using your username and password. We reserve the right to revoke or deactivate your username and password at any time.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide on this site. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. All sensitive information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies?”
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient — like the features mentioned above — and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still access most of the features on De Monfort,LLC’s sites.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Do we transfer information?
Your data may be transferred to web site hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, that we don’t consider to be ‘outside parties,’ conducting De Monfort, LLC business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when the release is necessary to comply with the law or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information in aggregate form may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
After you have opted-in to De Monfort, LLC e-mail contact policy, you may modify your e-mail subscriptions or completely opt-out of receiving De Monfort, LLC e-mail by letting us know by modifying your preferences in the “View or Change my Profile” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may still receive any mailings that are already in production.
Limitation of Liability
De Monfort, LLC will not be liable to you for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages of any kind, including lost profits (regardless of whether we have been notified that such loss may occur) by reason of any act or omission in our provision of Site under these Terms. You understand that this paragraph shall apply to all Content and services available through the Site.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless De Monfort, LLC from any and all liabilities, penalties, claims, causes of action, and demands brought by third parties (including the costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees on account thereof resulting from your use of the Site) whether based in contract or tort (including strict liability) and regardless of the form of action.
You understand that De Monfort, LLC does not guarantee that anything on the Site will be free of infection, viruses, or other items that might damage or interfere with your computer, data, or personal information. You may not do anything that interferes with the operation of the Site, such as hacking or spamming.
Changes to our policy
Online policy only
A special note to parents:
We realize that many children will visit our site, and we, therefore, encourage children to consult with their parents before submitting any information to any website, including ours. We encourage parents to supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other personal information online without parental permission.
Additional safeguards for Children’s privacy
- When a child’s submission of information indicates that he/she is under the age of 13, our system will reject the submission. It is our policy not to make a child’s participation in any site activity contingent on that child’s disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
- When a child who is not registered attempts to enter a promotion or use certain other features of the site for which he or she is eligible and for which personal information is required, we will seek information about the child’s age and some of the information required to register.
- If a child requests that we use his or her online contact information to respond more than once to a specific request, we will not use this information for any other purpose without verifiable consent. Parents have the right to refuse to allow us to contact their child further and to require us to delete the information that we have already collected. To do so, they must give us their feedback.
If we collect the name, e-mail address, and other online contact information from a child, to protect the safety of that child when participating in activities on the site, we will not re-contact that child or disclose that child’s information on our site for any other purpose without verifiable consent. Parents have the right to require us to delete the information that we have already collected. To do so, they must give us their feedback.
How can parents review their child’s personal information and prevent its use or disclosure?
When personal information about their child is stored and used by De Monfort, LLC, a parent or guardian may submit a signed written request to review or modify the information about their child, a request that we stop any additional use of the information or a request that we delete the information. Before disclosing information about a child, we may request that the parent provide reasonable information about the child for identification purposes, such as the child’s name, address, phone number, parent’s credit card number, or other information.
For Teachers, Schools and Districts that use our PhysednHealth app
All student personal data remains the property of and is solely owned, and thereby controlled, by you. You grant PhysednHealth a non-exclusive, royalty free license, to use equipment, software, your data or other material of yours solely for the purpose of providing, maintaining, and supporting you. PhysednHealth will only use student personal data for the purposes of providing the products and services that our customers (school or school districts) have contracted with us to provide and we will process student personal data according to instructions and the terms of our contract with our customers. Student personal data will not be used for targeted Advertising by PhysednHealth or any of its affiliates.
Information provided to us by a school or school district. The De Monfort, LLC products and services integrate with our customer’s systems. The specific information that is collected from the school or school district depends upon the service, but in general, this information includes but is not limited to: name, age, email address, student ID, gender, and additional records as requested by the school or school district. De Monfort, LLC will receive regular updated information to keep account information accurate and up to date.
How we use the information on behalf of your school or school district. We use the information in accordance with our agreement with your child’s school or school district to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the De Monfort, LLC products and services. Your child’s school or school district determines how the personal information is used.
We keep information collected on behalf of our customers for as long as necessary and pursuant to contractual terms. We dispose of information that is not held pursuant to contractual terms in a commercially reasonable time period or at the request of a customer.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or 202-603-0812